Well March started with Ella wanting to ride her bike at every opportunity.
Then we had a lovely twilight picnic at school to welcome all the Preps.
Mark took the kids to the Casey Kids Carnival which they all enjoyed. I stayed home as I was having a lot of trouble walking with my ever expanding belly!
Then on the 19th Ella's bike riding came to an abrupt end. Not really sure how it happened but she fell off her bike less than 50m from our house and put a hole in her chin. This photo (sorry it's a bit graphic) was taken on my mobile at the doctors while we were waiting to be seen. She was so brave though - not one single tear while she was getting it stitched up.
As you can see she had quite a graze on her chest too.
Then it was time for the school Cross Country.
E is really not into sport, so it's hard when the kids are made to do sports events at school. However most kids would still give it a go even if they don't really like it.... not our boy....
Ready... Set... Go....
That means go Ethan... He didn't even attempt to run! He's such a funny kid sometimes. Another mum & I were standing there trying to cheer him on but he absolutely would not even try to run!
Here he is coming into the finish looking very impressed!! I didn't get any photos of Ella as it started earlier than expected and her race was over before I got there!
Mark & the kids welcoming in the new AFL footy season! Go Blues!
Then on the last day of the school term the preps had a mini excursion to the local shops to buy a hot cross bun. They then met up at the park to eat their buns and have a mini easter egg hunt. I didn't go on the walk as I had an appointment at the hospital, but made it to the park to see the egg hunt.
Searching for eggs.
I spent most of March either in bed or on the couch - I was having a lot of trouble and pain when walking. I also had to go to the hospital twice a week for fetal monitoring to make sure bubs was okay due to me having diabetes and having to have insulin injections 4 times a day - boy do I not miss that!! I was just saying to Mark the other day that we didn't take any photos of it - I really should have because I've almost forgotten what it was like!
So that was March. The kids then had a couple of weeks holidays while we eagerly anticipated the arrival of our new baby!


0 comments:
Post a Comment