Mark & I (with lots of help from my friend Simone) spent most of the last week painting and making flowers, toadstools, butterflies and bugs to transform the lounge, kitchen and pergola into Fairytopia for Ella's 4th birthday party.
Simone made this awesome tree - you can't tell in the photo but it was actually sparkly and magical looking.
We totally transformed our lounge - including removing both of our lounge suites! We had fairy lights running around the top of the room which made the lighting soft and dreamy but you can't really see it in the photos. We also had lots of butterfly, fairy and star sparkly confetti scattered all over the floor.
I tried to make the food fairy-like and I was pretty happy with the results!
We had 12 girls and 3 boys (including E & Ella) come to the party and two very special Fairy friends Fairy Hellen and Fairy Diana.
The fairies were so good with the girls (the boys headed out into the backyard when the fairy stuff started - too much girl stuff!!). They started off with face painting, then they went out into the pergola to decorate wooden fairy wands. After that they played musical chairs, musical statues, pass the parcel, pin the wand on the fairy, a fairy tunnel and fairy dancing. Followed up with a fairy story, which had them all mesmerised. Then all the girls (and E!) got to make a special fairy wish and were given a lolly bag and wish bag.
Then it was time to say goodbye to the fairies and cut the cake. Mark made the cake (as usual). He wasn't entirely happy with it as he made the design up himself but I think it looked pretty cute!
I hope that Ella will have wonderful memories from the day - I certainly do!!
Click here if you want to see some more photos!
2 comments:
Great day Jod....now how on earth do you ever top that???
Jodie you went all out and it shows, WOW!! This is a Birthday that will go down in the history books!! Great job Mum and Dad!! Loved the photos! The treats and cakes looked wonderful!!
Post a Comment