Thursday, February 11, 2010

First Day of School

Monday 1st Feb E started back at school in Grade 3.  His new teacher is Mrs Chandra and so far she seems really nice and he seems really happy, so fingers crossed it continues!

Here he is on the first day.... looking thrilled as usual!!


Then Tues 2nd Feb it was time for our baby girl to start school - I still can't believe that she's old enough for school!  She had been super excited about it but that morning she woke up crying worried about whether she would make friends and who she would play with.  This of course set me off crying too (I am blaming pregnancy hormones!)  So we had quite a tricky morning and didn't take many photos.  

All ready to go....


   

Thankfully Mark had the day off work and came to school with us.  Once we got into the classroom she started crying again which of course set me off again.  So I had to leave the room to stop her getting further upset and Mark being the wonderful Dad he is settled her in.  She was still looking quite scared and sad when we left her which was hard.  

But as you can see by the time we collected her in the afternoon  she seemed quite happy.  


To celebrate two successful days back and starting school, we went out for dinner at our favourite place Hog's Breath Cafe.  Gran & Pa came along for the celebrations.

Not sure what's with this look, she keeps doing it lately!!


I think E was thinking about dessert here LOL!!


And as you can see Ella was pretty happy with her dessert!  No she didn't eat it all, we shared it as it's huge!


For the first 5 weeks of term she doesn't have to go to school on Wednesdays, so after her big first day at school she had a day off.... which was lucky because she was exhausted.  This is how I found her the next morning snuggled up against the railing of her bunk bed!!


So overall quite an easy transition to school, I was expecting it to be more difficult as she really is Mummy's little girl.  Each morning she has said she doesn't want to go to school, but by the time she's dressed she seems fine.  I am hopeful for a wonderful school year for both of them.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I am sure they will have a great year! It makes it so much easier for us when they are happy! Have a great week Jod!

Leah said...

I'm cracking up at the first photo!!!