Monday, February 2, 2009

First Day of Grade 2

Today was the first day back for the new school year and E's first day in Grade 2.  This year his teacher is Mrs Michie (pronounced Mickey).  Toward the end of last year he REALLY didn't want to go to school, so I am keeping everything crossed that he has a good year this year.  Mrs Michie seems really kind and gentle so I am hoping that will be a better match for his personality.

I still can't believe he's in Grade 2 already - seems like only yesterday we were getting him ready for Prep!  

So here's the obligatory first day photo - he's not looking very happy about it is he?!!



At least Ella is looking happy!!


He seems to have had a good day - he was excited to show us the "Show & Tell" timetable when we collected him this afternoon.  I know it's early days but I have a good feeling about this year!

4 comments:

Helen said...

I missed seeing your this morning...asked Hugh if you were there..he said yes. Hope E had a good day and a great year ahead.

Leah said...

The difference in their expressions is amazing. See your son knows better. It gets harder every year and more work! LOL

Wendy said...

Maybe some of Ella's happiness will rub off on E...I've noticed with children they all go through different stages at different times in their lives...all we can do is help them when we can and love them...He'll do just fine!

Anonymous said...

jeeze, and i thought the look on his face in the other post was funny. this one is even better!!

they grow so fast. with vinny being in 9th grade, i find myself saying, "omg, i only have 3 1/2 years left." it's so sad sometimes.