Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First official day of kinder

Today was Ella's first official day of kinder.  Last week when we went I had to stay with her so I don't think that really counts!! Today was 1/2 the class for 1/2 the usual session - they start them off slowly like this so they don't feel too overwhelmed.  

As soon as she woke up she started crying that she didn't want to go to kinder, so I was expecting dropping her off to be very difficult.  She's her mummy's girl and had a lot of trouble separating from me for 3yo kinder last year.


E's still not happy about going to school!  Could he look more cranky!


Time to go.... my big kinder girl had to carry her own backpack.


Playing around outside kinder.



I know this photo is blurry but I think it shows how unsure she was about the whole situation. I am very pleased to report that she didn't cry.... not one single tear!  I am so proud I was expecting bucketloads!!

When we picked her up I asked her teacher, Judith how she went and her reply was "she tried really hard not to have any fun but in the end she couldn't help herself!!"  An excellent start to kinder..... now we just have to do it all over again tomorrow afternoon!

As a treat for her first day of kinder we took her to the Frankston Foreshore for a play on the playground and a swim at the beach.  When we first told her about going to the beach she said she was too tired, so we went home and she had a 30min rest and we were off!!











We're so proud of you baby girl - we hope you have a wonderful kinder year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is sweet jodi. glad to hear she had fun after all.

that look on your son's face is priceless!!

Wendy said...

Good for her...Change is always rough but kids adapt well. Looks like she had a wonderful day and will fit right in. As to E, I don't think he's found his niche in school but he will. Be patient...Love the photos!