Saturday, December 19, 2009

End of Year Activities

This week we have been super busy with lots of end of year / Christmas activities.  Ethan had his end of Grade 2 party on Wednesday and Ella had her end of Kinder party on Thursday so I made a huge batch of cupcakes for them to take to their parties.  I think they turned out pretty cute!!





Ella's last day of Kinder on Thursday was very emotional for me, must be the pregnancy hormones but I couldn't stop crying!! I can't believe our baby girl is now a big school girl - where did that time go?  She has had a wonderful year at Kinder, so many fun times and she's made some lovely friends.  She's turned into a real social butterfly which has been wonderful to see. I can see that she's so ready for school though, even though she's a little nervous about it - unfortunately none of her Kinder friends are going to her school - I am sure once we get through the first couple of weeks she will absolutely love it *fingers crossed*













Yesterday was E's last day of Grade 2 - can't believe he's nearly a big Grade 3 kid!  He's had an okay year his teacher Mrs Michie was pregnant for a large part of the year and I don't think she was terribly bothered by the end (I can understand why!!) Anyway for the last 6 weeks he's had a new teacher Mrs Symons and she's been really wonderful for him.  So kind and caring and has really bought out the best in him.  I am hoping that his new teacher for next year will also be as good.  Next year will be the first year he will be separated from his good friends Ellie & Alesha too so will have to see how that goes.

After school yesterday we went to Donut King for a slushie & hot dog for lunch to celebrate the end of year with our good friends.


2 comments:

Helen said...

I am too scared to think about the coming weeks! All of a sudden I think it is sinking in with Katie. Well lets not get ahead of ourselves ... and enjoy the summer first! At least you have a wonderful distraction on the way. I am entering a new phase of my life and feel sad about leaving the old one. Merry Christmas Jod.

Leah said...

Those cupcakes are super cute!
Ahhh pregnancy hormones. LOL! I still have them AFTER the baby. Look out :)