Friday, February 8, 2008

How DO you get chewing gum off your eyelashes???

Yes, that is the burning question that great minds have been pondering for centuries...... er maybe not! The answer would have definitely come in handy about 1.45pm this afternoon. Ella came into me with her eyelashes on her left eye glued shut with chewing gum. Why? you may ask, well I asked the same question and apparently the answer is "so I can't see" of course, that makes perfect sense!!

Other times when faced with chewing gum stuck to clothes, furniture or hair I have used hairspray, flyspray, ice or eucalyptus oil - all of which were definite no no's on eyelashes. So, what to do..... send a text message to your friends asking for help!!

My first reply - peanut butter!! I can hear you all now - what???!!! Well that's what I thought too but I was getting desperate, Ella was crying and I didn't fancy the idea of cutting her eyelashes off (something I have also done to gum stuck in hair). So I gave it a go. Believe it or not, it actually worked after smearing the peanut butter all over her eye and wiping it off with a wet cloth no more gum - Yay!!!!

So if you are ever faced with this dilemma of "How do you get chewing gum off your eyelashes?" remember to reach for the peanut butter!!

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of her glued together eye, I didn't even think of it at the time (yes I can laugh about it now but couldn't at the time). When I mentioned to Ella that I should have taken a photo her reply was "Don't worry Mum I'll do it again tomorrow when I get some more chewy"

0 comments: